Thursday, April 11, 2013

Her Coming Home Outfit...Beauty from ashes

Today I packed your clothes...
I was overwhelmed with emotions...
Lots of tears...
I miss you...

But through the tears came joy...
Do you know that you are forever my joyous melody?
You see my little love, by God's divine appointment...
I met a woman who's friend's daughter was pregnant with a baby girl...
She is unable to parent her sweet babe...
I was asked if we would consider adopting her...
BUT we knew that God's plans for this little girl were greater than your daddy and I!

God's plan was for our dear friends to adopt her....
Friends who had been trying to bring their baby girl home from Russia when the government closed the doors of international adoption to the USA.
Friends who longed to have their Ellie home safe in their arms...
But God has different plans for them right now...
Plans to continue to wait & fight for their Ellie BUT...
While they wait...
Glorious plans for them to adopt THIS sweet baby girl have begun to unfolded...

My Zemirah girl...
This little baby girl is a miracle....
She is a precious gift...
due to be born any day now...
God brought her to us through your baby brother, Simeon, during one of his hospital stays...

It is impossible to begun to understand all that God has planned...
but one thing I know for sure...
The one thing I cling to...
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
Without you precious girl....
Your baby brother would not be here...
And this sweet girl would not been united with her forever family...

God's ways are higher than ours...
I have peace in knowing that during our grief...
God has caused some beautiful good to come...
Oh the beauty I so longed and desperately begged to see...
The beauty in your death is slowly unfolding...

So today my beautiful girl...
I packed up your coming home outfit...
And tearfully gave it to a mama who is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her miracle girl...
A miracle girl who in some crazy way...
found her forever family because of you.

I love you...
I ache for you to be in my arms...
I miss you ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

TessBenson said...

STACY!!!!
My eyes are puffy and red! This is so true! The ways God works in such crazy ways! Im SOOOOO happy you, asked the C family if they would take sweet baby to be! Im excitedly awaiting her arrival! My heart if so happy and joyful, my heart also aches for you and sweet baby Z, though I know she is dancing the streets of gold. reading this post made me wanna jump in my car and hug you! FOR REAL! Thanks for having such and open and willing heart, for sharing it with us all, for opening it to so many precious children!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, friend!

~Mrs. Hughes said...

amazing!!! it's such a crazy story!! I am beyond blessed by you! thank you.

Leslie said...

oh Stacy this is so beautiful I knew I knew where this was going.... This is so powerful... thankful for you and Christine, and all your other beautiful mamas.

Erica said...

Beautiful. Painful. Beauty from ashes. Love you friend.

Annie said...

Such a beautiful post.

asim said...

Such a beautiful post cup